A little case modification...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Yester5, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Yester5 macrumors regular

Yester5

I really like the looks of my white inCase Slider, but what I don't like is the super-glossy finish...slippery to grip and a fingerprint magnet. So, I decided to sand blast it to give it a nice mat finish. I also cut a hole in the back to show the Apple logo. Looks good and its much grippier now. What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Awesome, though I personally am not a fan of the logo cut outs. I wish all cases that are slippery were matte.

3. ashenfang macrumors member

looks good! What did you use to make the smooth cutout on the back?

4. Yester5 thread starter macrumors regular

Yester5

5. ashenfang macrumors member

Good idea. Did they have a bit specifically for plastic? How did you keep it from cracking/melting? How did you "find" the spot for the logo? Sorry for the questions, but may do this myself.

Think sanding a high gloss case with fin grit sand paper would give the same effect ?

6. Yester5 thread starter macrumors regular

Yester5

Sanding might work...I would use wet production paper (used for car body work) at around 500 grit, or use a fine steel wool...just go in one direction. The bit I have is just made for wood, but I ran it at slowest speed and I did not feed it very fast...no melting or burning.I then "beveled" the edge of the hole with fine round file.
    I just did some careful measuring to layout the hole.:)