A little confused about my alarm not working correctly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Savage, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Savage macrumors 6502

Savage

I have an alarm for Monday-Thursday at 6 a.m., and as far as I can tell (I'm not 100%), it works fine. But I just created a new alarm for Friday and Saturday, also at 6 a.m., and this morning, it did not go off at 6 on the dot, but at 6:09. Then, after using snooze a few times, it didn't go off again at the right interval. I'm a little mad because this almost messed up my agenda for the morning. Is this even possible or am I imagining things? If so, why would it be weird like this?

2. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

If you know it went off at 6:09 then you most likely hit the snooze button in your sleep at 6 since the snooze is on 9 minutes intervals.

Suggestion: Set two alarms, one that your going to hit snooze on and the other is an oh **** if I sleep any longer I am in trouble alarm... and that one should be on something other then your phone.

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

You are probably snoozing and are forgetting about it... I do it a lot. By the way, try the app called Alarmed. It works far better than the clock.app (and it's free)

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Least yours went off at the right time. Mine still keeps going off an hour early. Actually got to work an hour early without even realizing it. Not a habit I want to continue.

5. Savage thread starter macrumors 6502

Savage

Well I don't think I hit snooze because it is up on my dresser away from where I can hit it. But maybe I literally did it in my sleep without knowing it. The second alarm thing is a really good idea that I will definitely be doing.

Could be snoozing and forgetting about it, but obviously I wouldn't know if I actually am or not, lol. Thanks for the app suggestion -- checking it out now.

:(