A little help from those with Canadian ADC memberships

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by galstaph, Jul 10, 2007.

1. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

I'm (hopefully) getting a new macbook pro. My question is what kind of savings would I realize by getting the student ADC?
    I live in Canada, am a student.
    I want the following:
    17" macbook pro w/ hd glossy screen (all other options left normal)

It would cost me 3011$ at the edu store (plus gst and alberta enviro fee)
    What could ADC save this poorer student (every penny counts, plus I'd like the dev tools etc..)?

Any input would be appreciated:)

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

3. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

It's about $600 off the 17" MBP, and a significant savings over the regular education discount. However, using your one-time ADC discount negates the free ipod offer. Don't forget to factor in the cost of the ADC membership itself ($119 CDN).

If you are looking to save some money, try the refurb store. You still won't get the ipod, but the overall savings may be higher, and you can save that ADC discount for the future when you're more financially secure to buy an even better system. You may have to wait a little longer until the 2.2 and 2.4 GHz MBP's show up as refurbs.

4. galstaph thread starter macrumors 6502a

galstaph

thanks for the replys, very helpful.
    I tell you I got to look at one just like I'm thinking of today and man, I thought the regular matte 17 was a beautiful display (coming from my 12" ibook), but the hd + glossy was absolutely gorgeous!:D
    compared a new 17 (hd) glossy to a new 17 (reg) matte
    Definitely the best setup (although matte would still be beautiful, glossy appeared to have higher definition compared to the matte 17, and yes i know the increased res over the other 17 does make a difference, but the colors really come alive better on the glossy, even with the few reflections when viewing off angle...
    Matte vs glossy, they're both really nice displays
    good job :apple:

5. galstaph thread starter macrumors 6502a

galstaph

just another quick question.
    Would I get leopard for free when it comes out as a student adc member? I've heard it will be available to developers but not specifically what class.