a little help needed

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by notthebesttech, Mar 1, 2011.

1. notthebesttech macrumors newbie

hi not to good with hooking stuff up, just got my first mac mini trying to connect it to my surround sound but my receiver has no hdmi port and im wondering which cord i am needing to go from my mac mini to my receiver, and where i can find it. since when i bought it from future shop i asked them and they didn't know which is stupid since there tech guys.

2. notthebesttech thread starter macrumors newbie

a little but that says for macbook or macbook pro does this apply with mac mini?

3. simsaladimbamba

Yes, as they share the same ports, like Mini Display Port and the analog/digital (optical) audio out port.

4. notthebesttech thread starter macrumors newbie

also this mini tos link to tos link cable, it has the regular size on one side than the mini on the other? yes i know may be stupid question but i just want to make sure about everything im not to great at this stuff!

5. notthebesttech thread starter macrumors newbie

6. notthebesttech thread starter macrumors newbie

lol 1 last question is is it 1 cable or do i have to buy the adapter? i looked online for just one cable but i keep getting the adapter instead of 1 cord. but my guess is that you have a regular optical cord then plug the 1 end into the adapter? :S

7. simsaladimbamba

8. eskram macrumors newbie

9. LucasLand macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

i use the toslink cable to connect my mini to my onkyo receiver and it sounds awesome. Music, movies, warcraft never sounded better