A little help with carrier data settings

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nathreed, Jun 3, 2014.

1. nathreed macrumors newbie

I'm having a problem with my iPhone. When I go to use the cellular data (I have Consumer Cellular because I don't use it much) on my white 16GB 4s, it gives me an error message that it cannot activate the cellular data network because I am not subscribed to a cellular data service. I have verified that I have allowed the iPhone to access data services from the Consumer Cellular site.
    A little more background: Back in January, I had asked ATT to unlock my iPhone (it is off contract) and had my request processed. However, I never restored it in iTunes to complete the unlock. Yesterday, being a registered iOS developer, I upgraded to the iOS 8 beta 1 and after I restored, iTunes gave the "congratulations, your phone is unlocked" message. I went through all the steps and set the phone up from iTunes. This morning when I go to use some data (I usually keep the data off and only turn it on when I need it), it gives the error message. So I googled, the message, reinstalled CC's APN profile, rebooted a few times, and also tried resetting network settings and rebooting. None of it has helped and I would like to be able to use data on my phone, although it's not absolutely critical.
    Has anyone ever had this error message? What did you do to fix it/what are some more steps I might take?

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

On your iPhone (WIFI) search and bring up, "unlockit.co.nz" and follow the drop down menu instructions.
    Within a minute or two you will be up and running with internet.

3. nathreed thread starter macrumors newbie

Forgot to mention, already did that. Still does not help. I currently have that profile installed and it is doing the same thing the CC profile was doing, nothing.

4. nathreed thread starter macrumors newbie

More info

A little more information that could be relevant:
    Last night, after I completed the restore to iOS8, all my apps were stuck on "Waiting". So, following some suggestion somewhere, I did an erase all content and settings and then restored from iCloud. I haven't done anything since.