A little help with setting up uverse modem/router

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Raoulduke31, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Raoulduke31 macrumors newbie

So, I finally got my uverse Internet hooked up, and I'd kinda just like to figure the best way to connect all my stuff in the most logical and accessible fashion.
    I have::
    2011 Mac mini
    2 tb time capsule
    Iomega storcenter ix2(with 2 500gb drives, but might get bigger)
    Appletv(2nd gen)
    Appletv(3rd gen)
    Canon pixma AirPrint printer
    The uverse end of it is a 2wire 3801 gateway with one tv box hard wired to it, and another wireless box in the bedroom.
    The uverse modem/router is a wireless b/g router, but I'd like to make my time capsule the master of the routers. I've been reading posts about to do so in order to avoid dhcp arguments between the 3801 and the TC, so I've kinda sorta gotten that far. I'd really like to be able to use the Iomega enclosure as an NAS unit, so I can access stuff like media for home A/V purposes, and maybe even have the ability to do that remotely. I do use the TC for time machine backups of the mini, and I don't wanna do any of the partitioning stuff to it that I've read up on. AND I want to use that as the main wifi router as I've stated before.

Who do I connect to who, and what keys do i press is the question lol?
    I'm not a complete idiot, but if you don't have the patience for dealing with someone who's less than a rocket scientist, please don't respond. Not really a huge fan of snootiness.
    Help meeeeeeeee!

2. Lankyman macrumors 68000

What buyers would do if Apple went down the Microsoft route.

Ignore, posted in wrong forum

3. Raoulduke31 thread starter macrumors newbie

Amazingly helpful response

I'm sorry but was that response posted towards me? Perhaps redirection to the proper forum would have been a little more helpful and a little less elitist.