A little help with windows 7 on bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jmdMac, May 5, 2010.

1. jmdMac macrumors regular

I just got done installing windows 7 pro 64-bit upgrade on bootcamp, and now that I am in windows...I cannot right click, scroll with the trackpad, the screen resolution is out of wack, the volume control buttons don't work, the eject cd button doesnt work, the backlight on the keyboard is off, and that is just what I have immediately noticed.
    Is there something I need to do for all of these things to work properly? I searched and heard bootcamp files needing to be installed, but that was from over a year ago. Thanks for any help!

2. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Did you install all the drivers???

3. Reapur macrumors regular

You have to stick your Mac OSX Install Disk that came with your computer.
    There is a bootcamp setup file on there that will install drivers for windows that will make everything work.

Once installed in the bottom right corner by the clock you will get a BootCamp settings config panel where you can enable right clicking and multitouch scrolling. Im pretty sure it says to do all this when you first launch the bootcamp assistant in MacOSX. Reading is a valuable asset :)

4. jmdMac thread starter macrumors regular

The only thing I have done is install windows 7 on bootcamp. Now I can't even boot back into OSX...I put the OSX dvd and shut down windows, restarted(while holding option), and I just brings me back to windows. Pleas help! It seemed so straight forward from previous threads and websites..

5. jmdMac thread starter macrumors regular

So at this point what can I do? I can't get back into OSX, can I install the drivers from the windows side by just putting in my OSX disk?

6. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Yes, I think that's what Reapur means...

I haven't done the install myself. Getting my MBP in 4 days and will be installing Win 7 on it then....

7. jmdMac thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, found a simple walkthrough online, thanks everyone! And yes, a little bit of reading on my part would have prevented this post :eek:
    Regards,
    John

8. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Post the link to the walkthrough, so it can be helpful to others reading this post...

9. jmdMac thread starter macrumors regular

10. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

So you were having issues with the Activation of Windows not drivers?!?!