A little help would be appreciated

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JSENNY25, Oct 18, 2014.

1. JSENNY25 macrumors member

Hi folks,

So, long story short I was able to purchase an iPhone 6 from the Apple store on AT&T next. Since my wife and I use the 10 GB shared data plan and I receive a discount for being a teacher, the plan really wasn't all that bad.

Unfortunately, a week after I got the phone I took a better look at the 6+ and realized I think that was the phone I wanted. Unfortunately for me, no Apple Store in my are had any available for the past two weeks when I went in or called.

Now a store that is an hour away has the 6+ available for AT&T but, I am three weeks out and obviously passed the 14 day return window.

The manager at the Apple store said he would happily swap my phone for the 6+ and AT&T told me they would allow me to do the return outside of the 14 day buyers remorse period, but the store manager at Apple said there is no option on their point of sale computers to return a phone on next past the 14 day window.

Both Apple and AT&T are willing to allow me to return my phone into get a new one but, the option is not available on Apple's returns for the iPhones purchased on AT&T next because it is in installment plan. It's kind of frustrating and a little bit odd that both parties are willing to do the return but no one is able to accept the return.

I guess I am looking for any suggestions or advice. I do realize that if I don't get the 6+ the world will keep on spinning and I will be just fine with all of my other Apple toys. But, if I could get the swap to work that would be great as well. Thanks!

Abbreviated version: purchased iPhone 6, wanted iPhone 6 plus, past 14 day return policy, AT&T and Apple are okay with me returning the iPhone 6, Apple does not have the option to return a phone on AT&T next past the 14 day return policy on it's POS computers

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

If Apple won't take it back then you can't return it. Pay off the phone, and then upgrade it for the 6+. Sell the 6. You won't lose much money.

3. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Do you have another line that you can do the Next for the 6+? Then you can sell your 6 and pay off that Next line and put your sim in the 6+ to use?

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I agree with the other posters. You need to sell your iPhone 6, use that to pay off the NEXT account, and then just buy the phone you want.