A little iPad photos help

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bmms8, Oct 28, 2011.

1. bmms8 macrumors 68020

hi, i have an iPad that id like to upload some photo albums to. I am syncing with a windows 7 machine. I have all my albums in "my pictures" and iTunes is able to sync them to the iPad. my problem is that I've uploaded those same pics to the iPad without albums so when i synced there were duplicates. Is there anyway to delete all the pictures on the iPad so i can resync with iTunes and just add the albums with iTunes? I am running iOS 5 and backing up to the cloud.

Thanks in advance!

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Connect Your Ipad

Via USB

open iTunes and choose the photos you want deleted.

Click sync

Then you can delete them from iTunes, put them into albums and reimport...BE CAREFUL you don't delete the originals

3. bmms8 thread starter macrumors 68020

thanks for the quick reply!

theres no way to manually delete pictures off the iPad?

its a family members so i am not to used to it. Id like to get rid of all the pictures and then resync with the albums we made.

4. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

I am not 100% sure, and I can't check because I don't have the iTunes I sync from right now, but: If you chose to sync photos from iTunes, I believe it will automatically wipe the existing photos on the device.

Deleting manually from the devices works but only one photo at a time, so it's kinda clumsy.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No

Only from your camera roll, the others can only be deleted via iTunes

6. bmms8 thread starter macrumors 68020