A little poll on the difference between 3g and 3gs screens...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion11, Jun 25, 2009.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I heard and also noticed myself with the new 3gs and its finger print resistant screen it for some reason makes it easier to scratch...not sure why. In my own experience I've noticed my phone has two little minor scratches already and I keep it totally clear of all hard surfaces. Nothing touches that screen besides my fingers and my face.

So my question is as follows, which would you prefer a screen like the 3gs which repells most finger prints and face greese but seems slightly easier to scratch OR. A screen like the 3g which Shows most finger prints and face greese but seems a little tougher to scratch?

I myself think, besides these two scratches I have, that I eyeball everytime I pick up my phone lol...I really like the new screen. Although if these easy scratches persist I could quite possibly change my mind.

With my older 3g I had many scratches on the back, with zero on the screen.

Love to hear everyone elses opinion.

Thanks guys and gals...

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

If it really is easier to scratch the oleophobic screen, I'm torn.

I LOVE the new screen, it's really nice to use and all, but I went through 11 months of having a protector-free 3G, so I was spoiled by that too.

After years and years of having Palm PDAs and Treos that had to be protected from a hard look, I guess my answer is whichever would allow me to comfortably go without a screen protector.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I keep hearing conflicting stories on this oleophobic screen. This really needs to be cleared up.

Is it more scratch prone than naked glass or not?

Does anybody have solid evidence that the 3GS is less scratch resistant?

4. trssho macrumors 6502

Mine has been naked for 3 days, and tonight I noticed a nice little scratch in the middle of screen. I say cover the screen!

PS I am very careful with my phone.

5. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

6. ppilone macrumors 6502

I've had the 3GS since launch day and ::knock on wood:: I don't have a scractch on it (no screen protector). Coming from the original iPhone I love the way the new screen feels (much softer to the touch).

-just my exeperience. take it for what it's worth-