A little question...

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
I know this lady and she claims that her daughter used to live next door to Steve Jobs. She talks about him trying to get this loan and him getting it after crying?

She also talks about this "woz" guy.

I dont believe her, but she has an original Apple 1 and photo's (actual prints and negatives) of Steve as a teen.

So, how much is her computer worth?
(its all wooden with a funky looking keyboard)

Thanks!

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
Sounds legit but only if you've never heard about anything Apple and then you look up stuff online (like the original Apple) and be like "whoa! that's the real thing!"....

I dunno though, that's just my personal opinion. :shrugs: :)

EDIT You can check this out if you want... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_I

EDITx2 By that I meant it sounds a liiiiittle bit like the lady is scamming him so that he'll look up stuff and believe her, except for the loan thing.... :rolleyes:

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
asherman13 said:
Sounds legit but only if you've never heard about anything Apple and then you look up stuff online (like the original Apple) and be like "whoa! that's the real thing!"....

I dunno though, that's just my personal opinion. :shrugs: :)
Wait.....

What?

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
someguy said:
I think he's saying your full of it as well. If not, I am saying that again. :eek:
Eh whatever.

Like I care what you guys think, I just want to know how much the crappy old computer is worth...

Edit: Does anyone know steve's phone number?
I wanna ask him if she's legit.

Edit 2: I was obviously joking about the phone number thing.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
nitynate said:
Like I care what you guys think, I just want to know how much the crappy old computer is worth...
It's not worth anything, it is, after all, a "crappy old computer."

Most computer recycling shops will charge you to recycle old computers, and they might not even recycle them in an environmentally friendly way (aka, they just throw them in a dump in China.) I know of a good one here in Portland, Oregon that I KNOW recycles the parts in an environmentally friendly way. I'd be willing to recycle it for you, for only the cost they charge. ($10, plus shipping it to me.)

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
ehurtley said:
It's not worth anything, it is, after all, a "crappy old computer."

Most computer recycling shops will charge you to recycle old computers, and they might not even recycle them in an environmentally friendly way (aka, they just throw them in a dump in China.) I know of a good one here in Portland, Oregon that I KNOW recycles the parts in an environmentally friendly way. I'd be willing to recycle it for you, for only the cost they charge. ($10, plus shipping it to me.)
No way, ship it to me.:D

FullmetalZ26

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2006

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
wait a minute... ok now I'm wearing my boots so I can wade through the bs.
I think my computer class in 9th grade used apple II's. they looked like it. were they programmable by basic language?

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
An Apple II was SIGNIFICANTLY more common than the Apple 1.

The Apple 1 was only produced for a few months, each one hand-built, with no case. The buyer had to buy/build their own case, and attach their own keyboard. (The eBay auction for a reproduction is a pretty darned accurate reproduction.) Only a few thousand (hundred?) were built. I can pretty safely assure you that none of these were used in general schools. MAYBE in a 'computer class', but not as a general use computer.

The Apple II was an assembly-line production computer with a case that contained the keyboard. These were VERY popular with schools from the early '80s through the early '90s.

P.S. Yes, Fullmetal, I was being sarcastic. People were accusing the OP of feigning ignorance, so I was, too.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
ehurtley said:
An Apple II was SIGNIFICANTLY more common than the Apple 1.

The Apple II was an assembly-line production computer with a case that contained the keyboard. These were VERY popular with schools from the early '80s through the early '90s.
Ok, then it was apple II's. in 1982 there weren't many good games to play on those old floppys. Boy have computers changed!

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
srf4real said:
Boy have computers changed!
Weird that you would say that. I was able to get a universal binary of Quake 4 running on my old Lisa computer the other day. Worked like a charm!

:rolleyes: