A little reselling advice...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by oscarwolfey, May 4, 2014.

1. oscarwolfey macrumors newbie

Hi I was just looking for some advice quick. I am planning on selling my 15" Macbook Pro (from late 2008). The battery has recently failed and needs replacing. I was just wondering if it's worth spending £100 on replacing the battery and then selling it on, or if I should just sell it as is.
    Thanks in advance

2. mooblie macrumors 6502

mooblie

3. oscarwolfey thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh wow so they are, thanks! Are these safe to use? I've had bad experience before buying things from ebay such as chargers and them not being very reliable/good for my mac

4. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

I've put non-original batteries into windows laptops

Barney

5. MarvinHC macrumors 6502a

I would sell as is but mention in the advert that batteries can be bought for ... This way a potential seller can decide himself to go for the original or the cheap replacement and also enjoys the full warranty on the new battery.

Reason for my advice: I have a late 2008 myself and bought a cheap replacement. It worked fine initially but after 30 cycles was below 70% capacity and rapidly reducing. Since I had bought the battery myself I was able to go back to the seller and got an exchange which has been perfectly fine ever since (around 25 cycles so far and still 100%)

6. MyiBill macrumors 6502

I'd buy a new battery even if its a ebay one and then sell it. Most buyers aren't going to want something they have to fix even if it's just a battery and those who will want a deal.