A little something for Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kidwithdimples, Nov 3, 2007.

1. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

Sorry - I couldn't come up with a better title. I know it sucks.

Anyways... is there an application that I can make ringtones with? I have a Sony Ericsson K550i. I searched the forums but it gives me ringtones maker for iPhone.

I have a Macbook. I just needed to rip 15 seconds of a song. Any application that I can use to do this?

Thanks

2. plickfu macrumors newbie

Hi. It's actually really simple with Sony Ericsson (I have a W800i, but it should be similar) and a Mac. I just send songs to my phone through Bluetooth, and then set them as ringtones. If you want to edit songs for length or size, just do so in iTunes -- you can convert them to smaller bitrates, clip them to 30 seconds, and so on. Also, it may not work for songs with DRM (don't know, don't have any, but my phone's manual says they cannot be set as ringtones). Good luck.

Steve

3. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh..

Can you tell me where to do this in iTunes? I'm not sure where to click first.

Thanks again.

4. blvdeast macrumors regular

5. plickfu macrumors newbie

Sure. In iTunes, right click on the song you want as your ringtone and select Get Info. In the Options tab, change the stop time for the song to 15 seconds. Once you apply this, it will save a new copy of the song in iTunes. Then, go into Bluetooth, click Send File, find that new file, and send it to your phone as you would any other Bluetooth file transfer. Should work easily. You can even just drag that new 15 second clip from iTunes to your desktop to make it even easier to find when you look for it in the Bluetooth Send File step. Hope this helps.