a logic board problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by noanswer, Jul 14, 2009.

1. noanswer macrumors newbie

my computer no longer takes a charge using the adaptor, though my power adaptor works perfectly and my battery charges fine with another macbook in the house. thinking that it was a problem with the magnetic receptacle, i took it into the new apple store in switzerland (i have heard the genius guys aren't as good as those in the states). they said it was the logic board and it would cost around 700chf to repair. though i am quite naive about computers, it doesn't make sense to me because the computer works fine otherwise. i was in bali when the computer quit taking a charge and thought perhaps humidity or a power surge could have damaged the thing. would the computer function as it does and still need a new logic board? any ideas or advise? thanks

2. redpinto macrumors newbie

The boards are usually built with all the parts unified together ... taking it apart would require too much skill. So the better solution from them is to swap out entire parts and recycle the damaged board.
    Unlike a desktop system which is bigger and has the parts spread about the casing.