A lot of complainers fail to realize...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Roofy., Sep 15, 2013.

1. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

That iOS 7 was designed for the 5S. Have you not paid attention to the videos apple advertised? Perhaps maybe these stuttering animations and hiccups are because the OS was designed for a 64bit processor on the 5S?

Ive noticed the parallax effect is jittery. I also noticed the 5S has the m7 coprocessor built specifically for things like that. Coincidence? Doubt it.

Wait until you use it on the 5S and we'll see.

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

The animations are set at a fixed value which Apple could speed up. It has nothing to do with the speed of the device. At any rate, seeing as iOS 7 will be on the brand new 5C, designing it just for the 5S would be a terrible idea.

3. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

lol, it has nothing to do with 64bit processors or anything else for that matter. Apple only went for smoother animations. The animations won't be any faster on the 5S.

4. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

iOS 7 was primarilly designed for colors. For the iPhone 5C.
    Of course performance will be even better on the 5S, but the iPhone 5 is really fast with iOS 7.

5. Roofy. thread starter macrumors 6502a

My point is that the animations ARENT smoother in some things...

6. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

Yeah, it's true, the 5s won't have issues as it was designed along with iOS 7. And the parallax effect would definitely be smoother with that M7 co-processor handling the gyro, so will Maps, games and more.

Apple has always been about an integrated OS/hardware development. The A7 is technically called a "system on a chip" not a "processor". ...Right now I'm sure there are some people working on iOS 8 and the next iPhone prototype with a built-in rocket (with an A8 & M8, lol) ;). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_A7

It's so weird seeing a co-processor in today's smart phone...anyone else remember the old co-processors found in PC/Mac desktops, ROFL, long before the smart phone, before laptops became more popular than the desktops? It was called an FPU (Floating Point Unit). Check this out, Macintosh II circa 1987, that thing ran at 16MHz (yes, that's Mega, not Giga Hertz), you've got a lot more computer in your iPhone in your hand right now than this old dino: http://www.macworld.com/article/1167123/the_macintosh_ii_celebrates_its_25th_anniversary.html

7. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

8. Moccasin, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

My first computer was a Viglen SX33 PC. I was a student and couldn't afford/justify the extra cash required to go to a DX33 with the maths co-processor. Trying to remember now whether it had 4MB RAM or whether it was even less than that. I do remember upgrading the RAM later and it costing me £100. Those were the days of Windows for Workgroups 3.11.

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

After taking a suggestion to reset all my settings on my 4S, I haven't really noticed much in the issue of speed problems. I had some apps go major crashy before that, but not so much since. I'm also digging the design a lot more after using it, especially since the Music icon looks far less pink than it did in videos and pictures.

10. syd430, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013

syd430 Guest

5C = 5 internally. The 5C is a brand new product. The yet to be announced mini 2 might also obtain specs similar to the iPad 4. That's 2 new key products without the A7. iOS 7 is as much as about the A6 than the A7, even when only looking at brand new products announced after September. To suggest that iOS 7 is designed more for the 5S than other devices is a fallacy.

11. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 68040

The-Real-Deal82

The new OS was designed with the new 5S in mind but it is also designed to run on the previous devices up to a point. The 5C is pretty much the iPhone 5 and it will be optimised to run smoothly on that device. The 4S should run it pretty well to I would imagine.