A lot of mbp 2011 problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gol27, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Gol27 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hi, I don't know if it's just teething Pains but looking at the forums there seems to be a lot of complaints about the new mbp's!
    I know this is a forum an some people will only come on when there's a problem etc. I haven't noticed this many about the 2010 version though.
    As a new member I was just wondering if the response was the same when the 2010's came out? It's a bit disheartening when I'm really looking to upgrade to the new model.

2. iZero macrumors regular

I don't know about the 2010 MBP's, but when I was shopping for my iMac, I read TONS of horror stories. Not a one turned out to be true, in my case, nor the 6 other people I know that own one. As you said, you see more negativity because people only squawk when they have trouble. For every 1,000 horror stories there are many times more silent folks, having no trouble. I've seen some complaints about the 2011 MBP's, but as of yet, have not had a one.

That's not to say there couldn't be problems with some though! If you get one, and it has issues, Apple will take care of them :) I've worked with Macs for a long time now, and the times I've had issues/failures under warranty/Apple Care, they have always fixed them promptly with absolutely no fuss, often going out of their way to make it 100% right.

3. StandardMeth0d macrumors member

StandardMeth0d

Personally, I'm loving my new 2011 13" i5. If you're on the fence about it, don't be. The performance gain over last generation is crazy. It's a great machine and chances are yours is going to be fine. If you don't really feel the need for a machine at the moment, then just wait for next year's rumored redesign.

4. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

Tears Apart

Sorry but yours is a pointless thread. What do you expect as an answer? You already say everything yourself.

This update is awesome and if you don't go for it because of this forum's whiners you would be very wrong.

5. legreve macrumors regular

legreve

In general, you will more often hear people making bad comments than good comments. In other words... people who are unhappy, will boast out their unhappiness faster or more harsh, than people who are happy will show their appreciation... simply because they are too busy playing around with their new gadget :)

So you can't take the bad comments and put them into a graph as they would be overrepresented... nevertheless, its worth noticing if one specific problem keeps reoccuring like the abnormal application of thermal paste in the new mbps.

6. Gol27 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks for the replies guys. I suppose you are right if there ever is any problems there's always AppleCare.

Oh an tears apart, I just wanted to know if there was any correlation between a new release and increased problem threads on the forum. An yes I suppose I did want a bit of reassurance from those who already own the 2011 mbp.

7. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

Tears Apart

Honestly I saw many more stunningly positive feedbacks (in particular in re to high end MBPs) than complaints so I think you are very safe to jump on this revision.

Sorry for having being blunt but there is way too much concern about updates and this time around it seems quite solid, so... let us know!

8. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Really?

It has been fairly mild in this revision. Just a couple of overheating posts which turned out to be isolated issues/due to poor thermal paste application...something notorious with all computers.

9. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

I am having no problems with my MBP, see sig for details.

It is running like a dream, no faults, no errors and no problem with anything.

Will be holding onto this for a long time.

10. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

I have the i7 MBP '11 and it's running wonderfully. I'm surprised by how quietly this runs, and I got 10 hours of battery life yesterday at little over half brightness most of the time! Don't worry too much, I think it's just that people are more likely to post when they have a problem.

11. hushmartin macrumors 6502

13" i7, got it sunday and it's working fantastically.

12. HBOC macrumors 68020

i have a quad i7 2.2GHZ and play borderlands on high settings for hours on end with a couple of buddies (they are on their 3rd play through, I am on my first lol) in bootcamp and my MBP is far cooler than my 2.5GHZ Penryn was just running!

13. Toto_Marten macrumors newbie

So, so far only daneoni answered the question I am also interested in knowing the answer of... Are there more complaints with this 2011 revision than for instance the last revision, or the 2008 unibody release? Just interested to know.

14. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I had a 2010 and loved it.

I have a 2011 and love it.

The only difference is my new one is bigger and faster. ;)

15. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

I obviously can't speak to what other problems others have or have not had. All I can say is that my 2011 15" MBP is the best computer I've ever owned. Considering I've had 12 different computers over the years, both PC and Apple (Apple II and Mac), I think that's saying a lot.

16. xdbuix macrumors 6502

17. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

You have to realize that people tend to go to forums to complain when something goes wrong with their machine, but would not necessarily go to forums to go "my machine works perfectly." Because of this it always seems much worse than it actually is when you just look at forums. So just relax, is there problems? Maybe, and they very widespread or common? Most definitely not.