A lot of websites on homescreen, how save them fastest?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by johannnn, Sep 9, 2014.

1. johannnn macrumors 65816

johannnn

On my iPad I've had a bad habit of adding various websites on my homescreen. I've put these in a folder which now have maybe a hundred icons/websites.

I want to clean my iPad now but save all the websites. The fastest way I've come up with is to open all (which would require switching between Safari and the desktop a hundred time) and adding to e.g. Reading List.

Any faster way possible? Trying to figure out how to get them accessible on my Mac :/

2. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

I just add them as bookmarks to Safari, and create a category for them. I leave saving websites to the home screen for the most frequently visited of websites, to avoid clutter and keep my organization a little more simplistic.

3. johannnn thread starter macrumors 65816

johannnn

Ye for sure I'll do that in the future.
    Now I'm just trying to figure out how to handle all stuff I already saved...

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Open a site via your shortcut, then save as a Bookmark in Safari on iPad.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

It may or may not open each as a new tab if you leave Safari open after adding the first shortcut as Bookmark (rather than having to open Safari each time.)

5. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Some websites when saved to the home screen save as web apps and don't open in full Safari. There may not be a way to open and save as a bookmark. You will have to manually open the URL in Safari and save as a bookmark that way.

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I see. I rarely do this so didn't think about that. Thanks.