A Macbook, Bootcamp, Vista and an irritating battery issue!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by holowatch, Aug 3, 2008.

1. holowatch macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have just joined especially because I can't find any information on the issue I'm having...and I'm hoping you guys maybe able to shed light, or have had a similar experience.

I have a Macbook (mid 2007 refresh) with Vista installed through Bootcamp.

Please don't look down on me though, I *need* Windows installed, though I use OS X the most obviously.

The issue is that when Vista runs off the AC it works fine; and then the moment you turn off the power and leave it running on battery it becomes seriously unstable and jerky...rendering it virtually unusable. Has anybody had an experience like this with Windows on a Macbook? It affects XP as well.

It has literally just started doing this now out of the blue; for over a year Vista (and XP) have both worked fine alongside OS X with no battery problems whatsoever (or any problems for that matter.) The issue doesn't affect OS X, only Windows (surprise, surprise.)

You name it, I've tried it; updated drivers; re-installed drivers; used old drivers; quick format; 7 pass format; tried bootcamp 1.4, bootcamp 2...everything I've tried doesn't rectify this issue!

Has anybody had anything like this?

Any replies welcome.

Thanks.

2. kage207 macrumors 6502a

I haven't had any problems and I have Windows Vista Business installed on my other partition and I run FFXI smoothly without being plugged in. I'm not exactly sure, but sometimes my old laptop would do that but that was an IBM. It could be that you have too many applications running.

3. pinino macrumors newbie

Same Problem

Hi!
    I have the same problem, and I canno't find anything about that over the net...

No matters what I do, the machine hangs for 7 seconds everytime I minimize or do something, and later works again... but it hangs and the mouse dissaperas... is really unstable... I don't know what to do!!

Please help us!!!

4. ArtursBoy macrumors member

There seems to be a pattern with those that have the 2.4 Macbook with the Intel X3100 Graphics.

In case you haven't found a solution, here's what you do:

On vista, in the notification area (bottom right next to the clock), right click on the "Intel Media Accelerator Graphics Driver for Mobile" icon.

Then click on Graphics Properties

Then Display Settings

Then Power Settings

UNCHECK the Intel Display Power Saving Technology (Or slide slider to Maximum Quality)

Click OK

Click APPLY

Then finally click OK again.

Hope this helps.

5. pinino macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Hi ArtursBoy, thank you!
    I think the problem is gone now!!

Kindest regards!

6. ArtursBoy macrumors member