A Magic Mouse like mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ipodmac, Jan 17, 2013.

1. ipodmac macrumors regular

I have a retina macbook pro but I have found that it has the thing were if the Bluetooth and WiFi are both on the 2.4 GHz channel it causes the WiFi to become really slow.
    This means I can't use the magic mouse over Bluetooth and so is there any mouse that is like the magic mouse and has smooth scrolling but doesn't connect via bluetooth ?
    Thank you.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Change the channel for the wifi

3. ipodmac thread starter macrumors regular

At the moment the wifi is on channel 1 at 2.4ghz. Do you know what would be the best channel for not reducing speed when connected to bluetooth?

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Go to the opposite end of the scale

5. ipodmac thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Gav, however I have changed the channels from channel 1 to 6 and to 11 and they all still slow down the wifi. A 720p video loads fine on Youtube with bluetooth disabled but as soon as I enable it it doesn't work.

I'm thinking about returning the magic mouse due to this fault and getting the Logitech MX performance mouse, do you think this is a good idea or will i miss the magic mouse gestures and smooth scrolling.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I would get it swapped if its interfering with the whole scale then it's defiantly faulty mate. And yes I said swapped, I've got a gaming mouse but still use my Magic Mouse and trackpad. Wouldn't be without them!!