A Mario Kart Wii Question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by c073186, Jun 12, 2008.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

Since there was a Wii topic up here, I figured I'd ask this here instead of searching around Wii forums or something. In Mario Kart Wii, is there any way to quit an online race while you are in it? Or is the only way to quit at the end when it asks 'Continue' or 'Quit'? It seems really stupid that the only way to get out of an online race is to reset the Wii.

2. RevToTheRedline macrumors 6502a

RevToTheRedline

Same thing with Mario Kart DS on the Nintendo DS, rather silly "feature?"

3. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Unfortunately there is not a way to quit properly besides the menu to Quit or Continue. Reseting or powering off the Wii while connected to a race in Mario Kart can disrupt the gameplay of everybody else in your race group and disconnect them from the server. That's why I get kicked off all the time, people always in a rush to quit Mario Kart and just pull the plug on their Wii. So word of advice, don't power off or reset the Wii to exit, it's a nuisance to everyone else.

4. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

sorry this is off-topic but since it is a thread about mario kart wii --
    i have a quesiton:
    is there anyway to play the game just using a wii control without the motion censors? (just arrows and buttons)?
    thanks in advance and sorry if its a dumb question!

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Check the manual, it tells you what control schemes you can use and how to use them.

And yea you can only quit after the race since well, I'd rather someone be punished for leaving the game when they're throwing a ragequit from losing. On the rare time I've had to do it (for dinner or whatever) I've only lost 30-40 points from 7000. Most online games of this sort do the same thing.