A Marriage Made In heaven?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arftech, Sep 28, 2014.

1. arftech, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014

arftech macrumors regular

arftech

It is my understanding that Apple and IBM have partnered with each other as this new partnership could be really disruptive in how artificial intelligence work within the Apple platform. Apple and IBM is working on something huge in converging both Siri and IBM's Watson into a complex natural-language AI platform.

This will of course be much deeper than asking Apple's Siri, Microsoft's Cortana and Google's Google Now what is today's weather going to be or what's playing at the movies!

Here is a demo of Watson in actions:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac36VwHbGLg

Now, that was really cool but consider how this technology can work with Siri and also how this technology can be embedded within Apple's HealthKit. The HealthKit App could only be the beginning!

I'm not smart enough to really grasp this but I know some of you are and I would like to open up a discussion about how big this can be for Apple and IBM's future in the AI space. Just think of the impact this could have for Apple's mobile IOS devices!

Who would have thought Apple and IBM would partner in anything!

2. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Or course it has potential . Something for all of us to look forward to.

Though when two big players such as these get together, I am not sure you get so much innovation.

Also, you might have posted this in the wrong forum.

3. jediuia macrumors regular

4. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

Apple's Knowledge Navigator.... (1987)

Where you could actually hold a meaningful conversation with your personal assistant to actually do things for you, such as compose emails, schedule your time, without you having to micromanage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGYFEI6uLy0

5. arftech, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014

arftech thread starter macrumors regular

arftech

You're right wrong forum and I'll place this is the Mac forum.

Thanks,

Al

----------

----------

Dan, thanks for posting this! If Apple and IBM get this right the potential will be huge.

Al