a Mic for my mini

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MorzillA, May 31, 2008.

1. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

I don't really know where to post this, I bought a headphone/mic set to record podcasts and use it in GB'08, but the mic portion does not work. I tried it on my G/F's pc-laptop and was able to record my voice flawlessly! In "playing" with the headset I found out that the mic on the head set might not be compatible with the mini.
    So my questions is, what mic or headset/mic do I need in order to use Garage Band '08, and chat as well?
    I tried the trouble shooting tips from the help in GB'08 but I still got no where!!
    Any help would be appreciated!!

:apple:

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Marketplace is for selling/buying/trading stuff.

That said, have you made sure you didn't mute?

3. MorzillA thread starter macrumors 6502

MorzillA

.....no, as I was working around the issue, I decided to plug the headphone into the mic jack and try to use one of the ear pieces as a mic, it did work. but I'm sure it's annoying to hold the headphones in an awkward position in order to speak.

4. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

the socket on your mac is a Line-in, not a mic port, and as such requires a line level signal.

You will need to get a USB connected headset, or perhaps a compatible webcam with a built in mic :)

5. MorzillA thread starter macrumors 6502

MorzillA

ok wait, are you telling me that the socket that is next to the headphone socket is a line-in only?

ahhhh ok, I will look into that....wow now I need an multy USB ports!! :(

thanks Beige Matchbox

:apple: