A million Pictures, Windows For Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alkalidodo, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Alkalidodo macrumors member

Dear Honorable Members,

I have this problem that is disturbing me for months on end! I have only 360 pictures initially in my Windows Pc but when i did away with it for the Mac and may be due to synchronization between my iphone 4,Android device the pictures are now duplicated into several thousands! There is just no way for me to delete them manually so i come to you for help.

2. I need to also purchase WINDOWS for MAC (or whatever it is called) for some programs that are just not available for my MacBook Pro but i cannot locate it in the Apple Application Store. PLease how do i get it and if i do can it run concurrently with the Mac OS? How are they going to work together?Thanks.

2. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Gonna skip number 1, for number 2 all you need is the retail version of MS Windows 7, you can install it using Bootcamp with no added cost or you can run it virtually using a program called Parallels 6 for Mac.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Or you can use CrossOver or Wine Bottler if you just need it for a few Windows programs.

For the first thing, use Phelix, Dupscan, Tidy Up or any of the other duplicate scanner software.

4. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

Parallels works like a charm for me. Integrates right into your Mac desktop, runs programs as if windows is infused into OSX.

5. mac00l macrumors 6502

That's exactly what automator is for

6. directeuphorium macrumors newbie

virtualbox works just as well as parallels. So long as you don't want to game. Virtualbox is free open source.