A Missing Review?

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
Did Engadget tick Apple off? Unless I completely missed it, they have yet to release a review of the new iPad and they normally get those reviews out at the same time as everyone else. Their HP Envy Spectre review earlier this week hit at exactly the same time it hit The Verge, CNET, etc.

So what did they do to earn Apple's ire?

Adelphos33

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Did Engadget tick Apple off? Unless I completely missed it, they have yet to release a review of the new iPad and they normally get those reviews out at the same time as everyone else. Their HP Envy Spectre review earlier this week hit at exactly the same time it hit The Verge, CNET, etc.

So what did they do to earn Apple's ire?
I noticed this as well. The current Engadget crop has been pretty critical of the iPhone 4S (they thought it wasn't a worthwhile update). Maybe that is it?

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
I noticed this as well. The current Engadget crop has been pretty critical of the iPhone 4S (they thought it wasn't a worthwhile update). Maybe that is it?
If that is why, that seems a little petty. A lot of companies get their stuff panned by Engadet and still keep them in the loop.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Nothing lost here. Engadget is a good website, but wait until you see their comments section. It's not much better than the youtube crowd.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
It is more likely they are still working on it. I expect a very thorough review from them. No need to compete will all the rabbits. The tortoise will win the race...

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
I think Apple's loyalty lies with Josh Topolsky, and now that he left and created The Verge, Engadget isn't as important to them. I mean, the site is pretty ****** now, and they're constantly throwing shade at Apple.