A Missing Review?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobsentell, Mar 16, 2012.

1. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Did Engadget tick Apple off? Unless I completely missed it, they have yet to release a review of the new iPad and they normally get those reviews out at the same time as everyone else. Their HP Envy Spectre review earlier this week hit at exactly the same time it hit The Verge, CNET, etc.

So what did they do to earn Apple's ire?

2. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502

I noticed this as well. The current Engadget crop has been pretty critical of the iPhone 4S (they thought it wasn't a worthwhile update). Maybe that is it?

3. bobsentell thread starter macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

If that is why, that seems a little petty. A lot of companies get their stuff panned by Engadet and still keep them in the loop.

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Nothing lost here. Engadget is a good website, but wait until you see their comments section. It's not much better than the youtube crowd.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It is more likely they are still working on it. I expect a very thorough review from them. No need to compete will all the rabbits. The tortoise will win the race...

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Yup, Engadget and Anandtech are my usual favorites for reviews. Although The Verge's review was really nice too.

7. iohass macrumors regular

they were invited to the keynote, so i don't think they are in bad standing with apple?

8. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I think Apple's loyalty lies with Josh Topolsky, and now that he left and created The Verge, Engadget isn't as important to them. I mean, the site is pretty ****** now, and they're constantly throwing shade at Apple.