A Mouse Tale (Tail?)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RThom, Oct 28, 2012.

1. RThom macrumors newbie

RThom

Ok, mr smart guy, let's get a gaming mouse! So I got a Razer DeathAdder, downloaded all the drivers & software, and its turned out to one squirrelly mess, so I deleted everything, went back to my trusty wireless mouse. Here's the problem: up in the toolbar is a little Razer icon that won't go away; if I put my curser on it, I get the spinning beach ball ... how do I get rid of it? :confused:

2. Platskies macrumors member

Did you uninstall the driver by opening the "RazerDeathAdderUninstaller.command" file in the Utilities folder (inside your drive's Applications folder)? (source)

If the menu item still remains, try seeing if there's anything related to "Razer" in your user account's Login Items (open System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items tab) and remove any possible items.

3. RThom thread starter macrumors newbie

RThom

Thx! I never noticed the uninstaller in the utilities folder ... that did the trick!:D

4. johannnn macrumors 6502a

johannnn

Mind I ask what the problems were with the Razor without "all the drivers & software"?

5. RThom thread starter macrumors newbie

RThom

Regardless of the software/drivers, etc., the mouse would move around by itself when not attended to; WITH everything installed, in a gaming environment, I could really see no difference in performance from what I had been using (a Logitec wireless).