A msg to fellow SAFARI 4 users

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jon08, Jul 13, 2009.

1. jon08 macrumors 65816

Since there are still a couple of things that need fixing in Safari (such as GIFs and bringing our beloved blue progress bar back to name a few :p), it would be a good idea if we stormed Apple with complaints/suggestions to improve this via the "Report Bug" option.

I've already done so on several occasions, but the more complaints they receive about this matter, the more they will be bound (well, I'd hope so) to do something about it! Yes, we can! :p :D

So please contribute to the cause... ;)

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I have no problems so I can't contribute. Safari 4 works flawless for me.

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I have more important things to worry about than the placement of the progress bar.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

No Safari complaints or issues for me either

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

6. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

7. jon08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well it's not that big of an issue that would stop me from using it obviously, but it'd still be nice if they fixed it.

8. jon08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well it's not that big of an issue that would stop me from using it obviously, but it'd still be nice if they fixed it.

So you're saying you never experience any problems (beach ball etc) with sites that contain GIF files like this one? http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f7/gif-thread-2-0-a-668876/index2444.html

9. lwien macrumors regular

"Fixed it" implies that it's broken, but to the majority here, it's not broken, therefore, no need to be fixed.

10. str1f3 macrumors 68000

Safari is fast enough for me that the blue progress bar is no longer needed. Everything loads up in an instant.

11. cjacks68 macrumors regular

cjacks68

Yeah I've noticed it takes a while to load GIFs, but it doesn't affect my use really at all I'm not really concerned about it. I've also noticed PNGs take longer to load too, anyone else notice this?

12. iisdmitch macrumors member

No problems here with Safari 4, however I do wish Chrome came out for Mac. But no problems at all with Safari

13. GITANAJAVA macrumors regular

GITANAJAVA

Got your back, dude!

I've been a Mac-head for many, many moons, so it's deeply disappointing that Apple has released into the wild a browser in its final version so (1) lacking in customizing and enable/disable options, (2) that does NOT retrofit well with hardware/software older than last season's purchase, and saddest of all, (3) that marginalizes Apple's own loyal users who -- whether for geographical or financial reasons -- do not have access to the newest, shiniest, and fastest internet connections.

It's time for Apple to hire a Reality Wrangler to round up the developers and take them on a field trip. They've been wrapped in cotton wool and cloistered from the mundane, everyday realities of the common user too long. Put them on a bus, take them bowling, get them talking to the Janes & Joes, and introduce them personally to the recession.

When they get back, they can begin setting things right by restoring the Blue Progress Bar. ;)

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I also have no complaints for safari, at least on the Mac.