A must have capability for ipad...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bmatiasb, May 14, 2011.

1. bmatiasb macrumors newbie

The following is one thing, I would be happy to see in our Ipads, soon.

Capture the information you need in the way it makes sense to you
    You can write down detailed notes
    Clear Audio recording: somethimes is better to just record the words the way they were spoken.
    Fine tune microphone captures the sound in true-to-life quality
    And what makes it even better
    Link your notes with meetings in your calendar (calendar events) - Now that's organization.
    Start notes from within the calendar
    Turn your calendar into an archive of meeting notes or presentations you attended
    Never struggle with deciphering your notes again
    Go back to any moment in a meeting
    Playback the audio recording of the presentation; Revisit any moment of your meeting.

And syncronization with our iCals in our MBPs.

Sirs, we all love our Ipads. Unfortunately, we are not having these features in it.
    Any Hope?

2. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

How about the ability to attach Notes/Voice Recordings to Calendar and also to projects in iWork, an API to link to their party GTD apps like "Things!" and to append to pictures ;)
    ^ That is intuitive organization!

* Some of us wish NOT to organized iOS' "Notes" by time of edit ... sometimes I'd like them to be alphabetical (not sure WHY Apple didn't think of this or enable this).

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Sounds more like a job for an app rather than a feature to be built into iOS itself. Not everyone needs such extensive notes organization. I believe there are already some note-taking apps that include an audio recording feature. Calendar intergration with notes is an idea I haven't heard of before, and sounds like it would be a good feature, but again, it should be done from an app. Actually, if you look through the calendar, notes and information organizer apps, who knows, maybe there already is an app for that. ;)

4. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

Yeah, that is all pretty overwhelming. Apple has a product that a 2-year old and a 50-year old could pick up and love to use. Adding the level of complexity that you're talking wouldn't help. You should look for an "app for that."

5. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

I keep iCal synced with everything including a Windows laptop using Outlook. What kind of problems are you having ???

6. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

Have a look at SmartPad - exactly what hyper notes do....

Pocket informant is shortly getting an update and notes are included in this - am hoping they have a similar Smart Pad implementation.

7. bmatiasb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank SmartPad is a fairly good alternative.

The new devise of HTC, HTC flyer has this feature. They promote it as the Key Selling Proposition of the device.
    Have a Look to the movie... It is Quite Powerful.

http://www.htc.com/www/product/flyer/overviewb.html

A similar capability for the Ipad would be something that users would truly appreciate.

Don't you think?

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, like I said, not everyone needs it. For instance, I'm currently not in school, nor do I have occasions where I have to take extensive notes. So for me, it wouldn't matter if the iPad have this or not.

And anyway, isn't this an app that HTC made? I mean, it's not part of Android itself, is it?

9. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Not really. Notes Plus does what I need for note taking, and week cal hd is exactly what I want in a calendar - I'd rather keep each one simpler than try and combine everything into a superapp that does OMGEVERYTHING!!! That's why I waited for week cal hd in the first place - I had no interest in combined calendars/to do lists, and already had Manage for my To Do needs.