Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acehigh

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2006
Jericho2550 said:
I visited the Apple store today to buy a BT Mighty Mouse, which they are out of, then I went to play with the MacBooks, I see the first one, it seems to be sleeping, I hit a key, nothing, then I push the power button...it wakes up, but the dock in the bottom seems stuck halfway, like only half of it shows, the other half is under the the screen area, I move the trackpad around, then the whole mac turns off, and now I can't turn it back on, power is connected, the green light is on on the magsafe, I had no idea what was wrong, so I move to the left to use the one next to it. It seems to work fine, so when I attempt to close it, the hinges creak and squeak, like the screen is ready to fall off. What a bad experience.

so let me ask the ones that have a macBook, do any of these things happen?

I never had that happen to me or saw it. but those computers are always on and abused. Also if you live so close to an apple store why didnt you just bring your iMac in instead of being on the phone for 7 days. That seems very strange. If you were 100% sure you needed a replacement.

which store was that...

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Acehigh said:
I never had that happen to me or saw it. but those computers are always on and abused. Also if you live so close to an apple store why didnt you just bring your iMac in instead of being on the phone for 7 days. That seems very strange. If you were 100% sure you needed a replacement.

which store was that...

actually I have three apple stores each within 15 minutes of where I live, I did take it to the apple store, but they "couldn't figure the problem", plus, my iMac was a built to order, so the geniuses I saw didn't wanna bother much, cause if there was indeed a problem, they weren't gonna be the ones to take it back, it was the online store, so I got the same answer from all of them, "call apple, cause even if there is a problem, we can't replace a built to order"

drake

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2005
Despite its flaws, I keep telling myself that I'm still happier with my $1500cdn Macbook than I would have been with a $1500 Dell. I just try to ignore myself when my mind turns to the Thinkpads at $1500.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.