Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derryquinn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
Here's a pic of the restaurant from the menu I got when I went in to laugh at them after seeing the place for the first time (it opened about a month ago). This happened in Ireland, so it's not the sort of thing you'd expect, like the iPh café on Gizmodo a few days back, which was in Vietnam.

(Click for Larger)
3387332737_bd6f31f510_o.jpg

This next one is the front page of their brochure... They didn't even bother to change the perspective on the logo...

(Click for Larger)
3387311867_bb6b36885e_b.jpg

Look at the footer in this next one, which is the inside of the brochure :)

(Click for Larger)
3387319065_dace3b9bdc_b.jpg

derryquinn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
They should put "Designed in China, Assembled in Ireland" on the menu. ;)

Heheh, or "Inspired by China, Made with gluttinous amounts of sugar in Ireland"

Also, i just noticed, on the front of the menu it says "NEW OPEN!" :D

JG271

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
UK
You're kidding yourself if you think Apple will waste any time or money attacking a mom n' pop Chinese restaurant in a town with less than 13,000 people in it.

Read the comment that he is replying to... :rolleyes:

Haha, I wonder who thought that a picture of an apple and the name eden cafe would best represent chinese food... funny stuff!
:apple:

zgh1999

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2007
It ain't a trademark infringement unless Apple has gotten the logo registered as trademark specifically for the class of services/goods that the restaurant is selling, i.e., food.

rhsgolfer33

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2006
It ain't a trademark infringement unless Apple has gotten the logo registered as trademark specifically for the class of services/goods that the restaurant is selling, i.e., food.

Unless Apple is a famous mark. It might not be, however, since its been used in connection with at least one other company.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.