A new feature I'd like to see

shawndc1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
a friend asked me a question about how to do something on the iphone. i got tired of typing the directions and thought, DAMN this would be easier if i could record this like a screenshot....is a video screenshot a good idea?....please no funny guys with dumb @$$ remarks

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2012
You can take a snapshot of the screen. a quick push of same buttons you hold down to restart phone

Is this what you wanted?

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
Apple provides free classes on different topics. ]
Not if she's cute, in which case I go, honey you need some personal coaching and it just happens am free! :D

OP, OK fine but there is no such feature, THEN even a CAPTURED video is often time not enough for instructions. Newbies wants YOU to point out to them a specific button, hotspot etc within a busy video frame.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Not if she's cute, in which case I go, honey you need some personal coaching and it just happens am free! :D

OP, OK fine but there is no such feature, THEN even a CAPTURED video is often time not enough for instructions. Newbies wants YOU to point out to them a specific button, hotspot etc within a busy video frame.
Yeah for first.

Well, developers record iPhone demo videos either using the simulator in Xcode, AirPlay, or just record the screen with another camera.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I have always thought the same thing. Why need a way to take a video screen shot.

----------

Jailbreak for the win.

Seriously. A few screen recording apps and a tweak or two for jailbroken iPhones are available in Cydia.
People don't want to jail break. I'm one of those people

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
People don't want to jail break. I'm one of those people
I get that. That's a choice you and others are entitled to make. But do or do not, jailbreaking is an option available to anyone who wants to and can take advantage of it.

In the context of this thread, that's the choice though. Stay stock and have no option to record your screen from your device or jailbreak and gain the option to do so.

shawndc1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
I get that. That's a choice you and others are entitled to make. But do or do not, jailbreaking is an option available to anyone who wants to and can take advantage of it.

In the context of this thread, that's the choice though. Stay stock and have no option to record
your screen from your device or jailbreak and gain the option to do so.
i use to jailbreak back in the 3g/3gs days but havent since, i may have to get back into the JB game

shawndc1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
Compared to back then it's very easy now. Download and run, connect your iPhone and follow instructions. Done.

If you choose to jailbreak though you may want to get to it soon. There's no guarantee that 7.1 will be jailbreakable.
i may look into it now

shawndc1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
Ahh you see what you really need is a second iPhone to film the screen ;)

all this money for these so called *innovative phones* i dont feel as though i need another phone since apple is breaking some kind of barrier lol