A new iPhone 5 [came completely drained]

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kidder1994, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Kidder1994, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

Kidder1994 macrumors regular

I just bought a new silver iphone 5 with 32gb storage, it was the last one in the carrier stock in my city, the box was completely sealed, the phone came in pristine condition (no any scuff at all) but what i found weird is that the iphone came completely drained, at 0% battery, is that normal? coz all the iphones i had bought before came with at least 40% of battery.

also i had another question, how long it takes to the battery to get calibrated? coz with iOS 7 the battery its draining pretty fast, and even with 6.0.2 this new iphone has lower battery life with airplane mode than my old iphone 5 with iOS 7 and 3G turned on (bought in january)

Hope i can get some answers

THX in Advance :)

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

It's possible that iPhone has been lying around for quite some time, so it could have run out of juice that way, wouldn't worry too much about that.

Battery should settle after a few cycles.

3. Kidder1994 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah i checked the iPhone serial number info and it was in that box since the 3rd week of january, long time has passed so i believe thats the problem, but, doesnt all people say that letting an lithium battery completely drained its bad for the battery life itself? :/

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I bought an iPhone 5 for my wife (not the 5c or the 5s) about four weeks ago. Came drained and the Apple tech helping us thought it might be DOA. Took twenty minutes to get enough charge to boot, but it's been fine since.

Found out later that it had been made in November 2012. So, it had been sitting in Apple's stockroom for at least 10 months.

My iPhone 5 which I got on launch day last year arrived with 87% of battery.

5. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Once the phone has charged up you should have no problems. BTW its perfectly ok to completely drain the battery. In fact, Apple recommend doing so once a month in order to to recalibrate it.

6. zxoraz macrumors member

I received a new 4S last month, it was drained as well~ I suppose it is because it was there for quite a while now.
    It works great though, no issues so far