A new name for the New iMac...

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Nah.........

If anything: iLux. I can just see it hopping around now. Apple should bundle it with an 8" red rubber ball like the one in "Luxo Jr."

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
iTit sounds fine. iTit from a Fembot.

But wait, wait until you see that with thing in colors (dalmtian, flowers, etc.).

I may see the material because if that thing absorb color well... remember this post.. You will see a lot of creativity on the net.

That ball is a very nice canvas.

SomeAppleGuy

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2002
thats actually the best idea ive heard on the forums since its release. i never thought about painting one. hmm... you may have just given me a reason to think about getting one.

Timothy

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2002
Seattle, WA
iGloo...

The iGloo
I really like the suggestion made on another thread (sorry, can't remember by who) that called it the "iGloo"...taking overstocked Cubes, freezing them (Ice Cubes) and then building this new "iGloo."

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
iGloo

It looks like an igloo with a solar panel on the top. We may check out the National Geographics pictures because there should be one out there.

What I'm gonna do is to buy a ball of foam, put some silver tube on it, some piece of hard board on the top, some glue and there is! my own analog iMac for less than $20.

P

phaedrus

I like the ilamp metaphor. When I first saw the thing it looked suspiciously like something I would see on a display shelf in Target. I then I got to thinking. Hmmm . . . Target sells lots of relatively inexpensive, stylish, useful stuff. Maybe there SHOULD be new imacs on display shelves in Target. Also, the reason that desk lamps are designed the way they are is because it makes them more useful for putting light where it's needed for the task at hand--why shouldn't computers be as useful? I wouldn't have minded a longer metal-ringed "gooseneck" for that matter. It works for my desk lamp.

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Wish I could claim this...

The all time laugh out loud thing I've read so far regarding a description of the iLamp / iCap / iGloo was:

lump-stick-rectangle

In fact, that's how I refer to it to everyone I come in contact with who don't typcially cruise the web rumor sites et.al.

I've gotten more mileage out of that...ALWAYS gets a laugh!

(from those hysterical folks at astheappleturns.com)

P

Phaedrus

How about the "iwank"?

I've been looking for a good internet masturbation appliance--one that lets me pull the monitor in real close and then . . . wipe off the screen when I'm done.

Thanks Apple!!!

ebound

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2001
EGV, IL
Hehehe

How about iSore?

Kidding, kidding!!!!!

When I buy one, rest assured I will, I'm gonna put pieces of colored felt on it to make it look like R2D2. Honestly...

Maybe not.