A newbie's guide to the invisibleSHIELD?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ehstern, Dec 11, 2008.

1. ehstern macrumors newbie

I've had my iPhone for just over a month and have experimented with a few different cases - first the Incase Power Slider and just recently the Griffin iClear. I didn't like either because they added so much bulk to the sleek design of the iPhone. I've found that nothing beats the naked iPhone look, as I'm sure most other people can agree.

So I have been looking into an Invisible Shield...I first wondered about getting one for my MacBook Pro but decided against it. Now I'm very very interested in getting one for the iPhone - I already have an anti-glare screen protector, so I'm thinking I would only buy the Invisible Shield for the back. Or is the front Invisible Shield better than the anti-glare?

Basically, how hard is it to install this baby? I don't want to buy it online, have it shipped, and discover that it's a pain in the ass to put on the phone. Any helpful tips that make it a breeze? Is it worth it? I surely don't want to screw up the installation, but it seems that this is the most useful way to keep your iPhone from getting scratched.

Thanks!!

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-iphone-3g-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

2. cmooreou macrumors member

it is NOT fun to install, but I recommend the bestskinsever because it is almost the exact same thing for cheaper. it took me about an hour and a half of applying, adjusting, letting it dry a little, adjusting again, letting it dry a little, fix the corners, fix the corners, fix the corner again. BUT it does give you a lot of scratch protection, feels great in your hand, and it really is almost impossible to tell its on, other than the texture. i have had it for about a week now and it has worked fine. I have the bestskinsever 2 piece back