Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jykchu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
Hi All,

Just bought a app called Smart Dialler which is very nice for me. I shifted from Nokia to iPhone and found that the function of edit before call is missing. (So odd, which should be a default function) Finally, I find Smart Dialler and it help me to simplify to dial numbers with prefix, Int'l code, etcs. GOOD APP and wanna share in here. :)

Here is the developer description:
Tired of remembering long phone numbers before making long distance calls or international calls (IDD)? Want edit before call? Smart Dialler is the perfect solution for frequent travelers and heavy long distance call users. It enhances your dialing flexibility by allowing you to:

1. Select phone numbers from the Contact and edit the numbers “on-the-fly” before calling out, without making changes to the phone numbers stored in the Contacts;
2. Add prefixes, dialing codes, long distance calling card numbers or any calling code provided by your long distance service provider before calling out, without memorizing the whole phone number;
3. Store your recently used 10 prefixes for future use;
4. Full support for international prefixes (numbers stored with ‘+’);

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=293895396&mt=8

stevepoon

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
Excellent Discovery

It resolves my issues. I am a frequent traveller, always have to make long distance call. Previously, I added "+XXX" in all the contacts but then it will mean I am using the roaming service which is relatively expensive.

Now, I can buy local calling cards and add prefix in front of the number before actually making the call. Great discovery. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.