a nice bluetooth mouse for my macbook. mighty mouse, or no?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iSwitchd, Oct 11, 2007.

1. iSwitchd macrumors member

Well, I had always planned on just getting a mighty mouse - but in a recent thread....it sounded like there are much better choices for the money..?

So, regardless of cost - what mouse would you buy?

2. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

I prefer Logitech mice for their ergonomic design. I use a MX1000 at home, a VX Revolution at work, and also have an MX610 and MX518 as spares :)

The mighty mouse looks like it would give you hand cramps after prolonged use

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I use the BT MM on my MacBook. I don't get hand cramps but the scroll ball needs frequent cleaning (turn upside on a piece of paper and scroll vigorously). Other than that it is a well behaved wee beastie.

Logitech = functional
    Apple = stylish

4. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

i have the bluetooth mighty mouse. i love it. i honestly don't clean it that much like people talk about and mine works perfectly fine.

5. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I like the BT MM never had any problems with it.

6. themanfromvlad macrumors 6502

themanfromvlad

If you want quality, functionality & ergonomics go for anything but the mighty mouse. +1 for Logitech.

The BT MM looks nice, but it ends there.

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

8. dudleybaddog macrumors newbie

I've got a wireless MM with my macbook and it works great, haven't had any problems. I will say though it's not ultra portable.

9. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I don't like the MM. It's pivot buttons aren't functional. I love Apple but I think they suck at Mice design.

10. JSpence macrumors regular

JSpence

Can you set the buttons on the MX1000 for different apps? Probably yes, but just a litte curious.

11. CptnJustc macrumors 6502

I've had no problems with the MM and used it for quite a while, but wanted something I could do simultaneous left- and right-click on, not to mention something I didn't have to mostly lift my hand off of just to perform a right click.

The Logitech V270 I got is serviceable, but it's too sensitive for some reason, even at the absolute lowest tracking speed setting. Any higher and it jumps around like mad.

12. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

I just bought a Kensington Si670m last week. It's been discontinued, but some stores still have it in stock. I got mine from a local MicroCenter store. The cost is between $38-$49. My only gripe with it, is it uses 2 AA batteries which make it quite heavy, but the mouse itself performs flawlessly. I'll have to find some lighter batteries, preferably rechargeable to resolve the weight issue.

Avoid Macally mice.

13. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

Yes. I believe it's a feature of both Logitech Control Center and Steermouse (3rd party driver). You can set the buttons to different functions based on which app has focus.

I recommend Steermouse over LCC. Steermouse just rocks.

14. mcmacmcmac macrumors member

I was thinking about getting a bluetooth mouse but I keep reading about them disconnecting when it's out of use for a few seconds.. it sounds unbearable. Is this not an issue with certain models?

15. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

Most (if not all?) mice will go to sleep to conserve battery life. Some mice take longer than others to wake up from that sleep. The MM is almost instantaneous (at least the one I had), the Kensington I just got takes about 1 second if I press a button to wake it up, or 3 seconds if I just move the mouse around. The Macally mice I've owned would either wake up in 3 seconds, or never at all.

I have no problem with waiting for a mouse to wake up, myself. I've never had one go to sleep on me while I was actively using the computer.

16. freewill macrumors newbie

Wireless BT or Wireless USB?

Reviving this thread: Are wireless USB mice less susceptible than bluetooth wireless mice to this sort of waking-up delay?

Thanks

17. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

The microsoft notebook mouse is quite good....batteries last for over 3 months and it's a very comfortable and ergonomic design.