A no iPad home....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lindenhurst, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

So, as a buyer of the first iPad and someone who upgraded to the 2nd generation iPad, I got rid of the 2nd generation unit and now have an iPad free home. Loved the iPad but already have an iMac 27 and a MacBook Pro 13, so I didn't feel as if I really needed it.

2 Weeks after returning the iPad 2, I:( am now realizing how much I miss the device. I convinced myself that I would just use the macbook Pro as a portable device, and I find myself always having to charge the macbook each day, and with the iPad, I went days without a charge.

No I don't need the iPad, but I sure do miss it. Maybe Santa will put one under the tree for me!

ANyone else get rid of their "not necessary" iPad, and then regret it? Yes I know this is probably a useless thread, but I'm curious how many others got used to the iPad, and then got rid of it, only to go out and get another one.

Happy Holidays everyone!

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

NEEDS: Water, Food, Air & Shelter. Everything else are degrees of wants.:D

3. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I could take it or leave it.

An iPad is the least important piece of tech gear I own. Simply an amusing device for web browsing and other minutiae, I'm too active in sports to use it much.

4. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I would miss mine. I use it quite often. I wouldn't have sold mine sold mine in the first place, unless it was purely because I needed the money. Otherwise, I am happy to have it.

5. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

I don't think I've ever read a comment on here where someone after having the iPad for extended length of time was ok with giving it up. They always regret it.

Getting rid of an iPad is a major mistake. Sure u could live without it, but as the OP has revealed to us, it's not something you should consider, no matter how many other devices u have in your home.

6. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

You never know how useful one would be until you start using it, and you keep *wanting* to use it due to the sheer enjoyment of the process. It's all so simple, and it's right there - completely portable and convenient.

When I first bought it (iPad 2) I wondered whether I would actually get enough use out of it to justify the purchase. Fast forward 6 months later and I'm seriously considering getting rid of my MacBook Pro and and just picking up an Air as a companion to my iPad. My notebook has become a glorified download machine and storage area for media, though I'm still somewhat tied to Aperture.

However, as iPad development continues and the device becomes more powerful, capable and versatile, and accordingly, as the Apple ecosystem becomes even more robust and diverse, the cord connecting average users to their notebooks and desktops will get thinner and thinner.

7. macrat macrumors regular

I have an iMac27 (2010), Macbook Air (2011), an iPhone 4S, and iPad 2 (as per my signature)

Guess which one I use most, inside and outside of the house?

iPad!!!!! :)

When I travel, I actually bring both the Air and the iPad. I don't know how I would survive a long flight nowadays if I have no iPad!

Which one would I get rid first if I have to? That will never happen, hahaha

8. pourme macrumors regular

pourme

Fed Ex says they will deliver my ipad tomorrow!.....I hope to get hopesly addicted...The comments on this thread reinforce the feeling I did the right thing on Black Friday!....Thanks!.....:D

9. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

I never actually got rid of mine, but I did have a gap between selling my iPad 1 and getting my iPad 2... That three weeks simply dragged by!

10. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

11. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

Maybe it is related to you being allowed to play with plastic army men as a child? ;)

12. musika macrumors 65816

musika

A thread is what we make of it. ;)

13. ougum macrumors regular

I'll never understand how a person could give up their iPad sfter using it for any time. Even if I only used mine once a week, I could never get rid of it. Best device I've ever owned.