a NON earbud headset 4 Iphone4 WITH Mic????

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by deceptichop, Sep 20, 2010.

1. deceptichop macrumors regular

I went to Best Buy yesterday to find a overhead (non ear bud) headphones WITH a mic for my Iphone4. I did not find any and the staff told me that it doesnt exsist.

I then spend a few hours today online trying to find a set and I STILL cant find any. There are a BOAT load of ear buds with mic, but no headphones.

Has anyone seen any yet???

Thank you

2. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

3. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

skullcandy rocnation aviators, remote and mic, over ear design...sound nice too and are comfortable

4. deceptichop thread starter macrumors regular

AWESOME!!!!! Thanks for both of your replys guys! So they DO exsist!!

These are sick, but pretty $$$. Does anyone make em for around $100??

5. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

6. deceptichop thread starter macrumors regular

thanks Jbennardo, but I am on the search for OVER the ear headphones with mic's in the $100 range

7. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

duh, NON earbud :p

Reading is overrated

8. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

he doesnt want earbud or IEM (Inner ear Monitors)

You know you can buy the shure iphone cable and plug in whatever headphones you want to use. I use the cable with my shure SE530s. Works great. I dont think they have came out with one for the iphone 4 yet with the volume control. However, the older cable version works perfect.

9. Liberty. macrumors 6502

10. deceptichop thread starter macrumors regular

hmmm, thanks for the 411 HighLife. This sounds intriquing. I will look into this

11. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

im a big audio geek and i really dont like the beats for how much they are. They would be great if they were cheaper. Price ruins it imo, alot better out there for that money (Sennhesier, Grado, AKG, Ultrasone etc etc)

Skull candy are cheap, they arent bad per say, just made cheaply to keep the cost down.

If you want a cheap, great sounding headphone...head to Radioshack and buy a pair of Koss KSC-75's (over the ear). These are prob the best bang for the buck in headphones. People actually take these and mod them with expensive cables and connectors (canare cable and furutech jacks). Try em out, they are only 15$ or so.

12. deceptichop thread starter macrumors regular

hmmm, well it looks like the only over the ears WITH a mic anywhere near $100 is the Dre Solo's and they are $200. So it looks like that I am leaning towards that.

I am just VERY suprised that there are such a lack of overears with mics out there :(

13. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

V-Moda makes the CrossFade LP's which are studio quality. They are somewhat expensive so be prepared but the quality for music is wonderful (slightly bass heavy at times).

Link to my video on them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN8wVNDQIHI

14. deceptichop thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, for $200, id MUCH rather get a BOSE then some rapper's product. Im going to Best Buy right now to check them out.

and psyco, those are AWESOME! But just a little too pricey today. But thank you.

And one thing I can NOT find about these headset is how they handle sweat. I will be using these exclusively for working out

15. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

If you are going to use them exclusively for working out, I would seriously check out the Jaybird Sportsband headphones. These are over the ear bluetooth headsets with mic and controls for iphone. They have a lifetime guarantee against damage from sweat too which is unheard of, and their customer service is really top notch. They actually do stand by their warranty. I just went to their site and see they now offer it in a bunch of color combos too, which is new. As to the quality, I have not used the sportsband myself so cannot say, but reviews I saw before were favorable.

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/?gclid=CJbB56bplqQCFcOd7QodU3r33g

16. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Do the V-Moda Crossfade LPs and the Bose controls enable you to answer/hangup the phone?

Is there any way to get caller ID relayed to your headset?

17. Swifttrain87 macrumors newbie

18. SaiZn macrumors newbie

I have Astro A30s and they work great with iPhone 4. The mobile cable has a button that works exactly like the button on the Apple remote/mic; there's just no volume control on it. They also come with a mini 3.5mm extender cable which allows you to use any headset with the recessed jack of an iPhone 2G and iPhone 4 with bumper.

You could also get this and use any headphones and mic you want but there won't be any button.

19. deceptichop thread starter macrumors regular

Hey guys, I want to thank EVERY SINGLE one of you that replied to my thread. I appricate the time and 411 you contributed.

So I went to Best Buy and tried out the Bose ($200) , Dre Solo's ($220), and Studios ($340).

I didnt get ANY of them. Since I want a mic and Im SICK of the cord, I decided to go WIRELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ended up getting the MotoRoko S9-HD Bluetooth. They arent OVER the ear, but they wrap around the back of my neck. Oh, and they were only $100!!!!!!!

So far, they are AWESOME!!!!! ESPECIALLY when in the gym AND when I run!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. seifer333 macrumors member

I have the Sony DR-BT22A and they are over the head headphones with mic. It's a bluetooth headset and it works with A2DP and AVRCP. Not sure how much they are as I got them as a gift.