Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theturtle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Contemplating on returning my 2.9 tb for a 2.4 i7 ntb model. Both come out to 2199. TB leaks at battery and trying to figure out if the nTB would be ALOT better in battery even though the battery is only like 5 watts bigger.

I know on paper there are a few differences.
1. Faster ram on tb
2. tb model can power more monitors I think
3. More ports

Other than that, is there anything I should be aware? Any cons? Im looking to only get the experiences of people who HANDLED BOTH. I know there seems to be zealots on both sides of the fence who says "mine is better blah blah blah" so looking for people that had a good hands on time with both.

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
Contemplating on returning my 2.9 tb for a 2.4 i7 ntb model. Both come out to 2199. TB leaks at battery and trying to figure out if the nTB would be ALOT better in battery even though the battery is only like 5 watts bigger.

I know on paper there are a few differences.
1. Faster ram on tb
2. tb model can power more monitors I think
3. More ports

Other than that, is there anything I should be aware? Any cons? Im looking to only get the experiences of people who HANDLED BOTH. I know there seems to be zealots on both sides of the fence who says "mine is better blah blah blah" so looking for people that had a good hands on time with both.

Hi
I guess you have 15"
They are discussing this recently on this thread that may help re battery comparison ntb v tb
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-15-macbook-pro.2015074/page-78#post-24133783

The GeekBench figures are here
https://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/search?page=2&q=macbook+pro+2016

Last edited:

ihatetoregister

Suspended
Sep 13, 2016
Oslo, Norway
the ntb i7 is a Intel Core i7-6660U @ 2.4 GHz, benching on average at 3866 on Geekbench.
the tb i5 is a Intel Core i5-6267U @ 2.9 GHz, benching on average at 3773.

So, almost no difference in terms of perfs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.