A number pad Apple really needs to make

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gotzero, Oct 24, 2009.

1. gotzero macrumors 68040

Right now I am working at a desk, with a USB number pad. It is a different height than my MBP and has different sized keys. It ends up being difficult to use quickly.

I think that Apple should make a number pad that is pushed up to the same height as the MBP because it packs a battery inside. With their wireless obsession, I am sure Apple would want to make a bluetooth device, but it would make so much more sense to me if the pad could add a couple extra hours of battery life.

It would come with a MagSafe dongle (power discharge) and a USB dongle (input and power charge) in a single cable like the displays. The device would charge when the computer was connected to A/C power, and only discharge when both the MagSafe cable and USB cable were connected to a computer, to make sure that it would not accidentally discharge in a customer's laptop bag. It is unfortunate that the MagSafe and USB ports are on the opposite side of where a number pad should be, but an extra 18” of cable would be a small price to pay for faster inputting and longer battery life.

They might only sell one, but I sure would enjoy it!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I just don't see them making one. They are clearly moving away from it, why not just use a full on external keyboard and mouse?

3. gotzero thread starter macrumors 68040

I do not really want to carry a keyboard around when I am traveling.