A odd iPhone 3g problem!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RyeRye, Jul 20, 2010.

1. RyeRye macrumors newbie

iPhone 3g Problems
    well, I have an iPhone 3g, and I was getting some weird errors, like all of a sudden I would lose all my service, then it would get a message saying "iPhone needs restore" when I already did a restore it did nothing? Then I have to turn it off and on until it works again, about 3-4 times.. I reset my network settings, and all that. I don't know why it's doing that, and when I get that error, and I plug it into my computer, iTunes says cannot read sims card or something.

Maybe one of you guys had this error, not too sure, I googled it, nothing came up. And also, I jailbroke it, thinking that would fix it, but it didn't.

Any suggestions would work..

Then when I turn it back on it says "iPhone is activated" lol.

But now i'm trying to restore it again, and it goes all the way threw until like that last little part, and it doesn't work.. :(

2. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Hmm. I guess I'll be the first: try a DFU restore (and as a new phone). Google it if you don't know how, but that's usually the next step if a regular restore doesn't do the trick.

Also, generally speaking, a jailbreak won't really "fix" anything for a problematic phone. Some might argue semantics though.

3. RyeRye thread starter macrumors newbie

Any other tips besides that? If that doesn't work then what?

4. greenday123 macrumors 6502

Maybe something's wrong with your SIM card.. You could try getting a replacement from AT&T if a DFU mode restore doesn't help anything.

5. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Yeah, this. Did you try a DFU to no avail? Because other than above said recommendations I'm at a loss. At worst you could break down and ask for help at the genus bar. :eek:

6. RyeRye thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to restore my phone earlier, and now i'm in like DFU mode, and it's not restoring i'm getting like error 1003 or 1005 or something. Ill tell you after I try it again right now.

But my phones stuck in like the screen where it says plug it into itunes. :|

7. texas2010 macrumors newbie

iphone reset

hey guys i did a reset on my iphone like 30min ago and all it does it stays in the black screen with the apple logo and it shuts off and turns back on and it stays on the same screen should i leave it like that or should i do something else...

8. RyeRye thread starter macrumors newbie

Why are you coming in here and trying to take my thread over? :p

Anyways, none of that stuff worked :(

9. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

You might want to re-install iTunes and reboot your computer too. Is iTunes recognizing the phone at all?

10. texas2010 macrumors newbie