A "one more thing" for the iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Frankied22, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It would be really cool if for an extra thing on the iPad 3 they introduced something new that makes it a competent note taker. A move like this would be a perfect fit for their Education event announcing IBooks 2, iTunes U, and iBooks Author. If Apple is trying to push the iPad into the education world and want it to be a viable option for students they need to really make a smart way for it to take notes. I'm not sure how it could be done...possibly an Apple constructed note-taking app, or maybe an Apple stylus that is years ahead of the competition. I know Apple has previously stated the stylus is useless or dead, but in reality using a tool to write is much more productive than typing on a oddly shaped virtual keyboard. Something to this affect would really up the iPads usefulness in schools, and using it as a "one more thing" would not be a stretch of the imagination; they did it with the Smart Covers last year.

2. Frankied22 thread starter macrumors 68000

Frankied22

Nobody has any thoughts on this? Well, I thought it would be an interesting idea to discuss as maybe it will be a hidden gem we won't hear anything about until the unveiling.

3. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

i agree

I do agree, it can be used for taking notes but the stylus's look sloppy so you are forced to use the keyboard. I love my IPad, but in my everyday use it is no laptop replacement no matter how much I wish it was. They need a precise stylus.

4. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

There are already several good notetaking apps, and honestly I've found that the software makes all the difference - the same stylus can write wonderfully or like crap depending in which app you're using.

While I do hope that Apple will finally embrace the stylus and handwriting on the iPad and stop ignoring the millions of users who prefer it, I don't really see them revolutionizing the stylus itself. The capacitative screen limits stylus design, and that's not going away.

5. matttye macrumors 601

What's wrong with the built in notes app?

That combined with Siri dictation would be great.

6. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Well you can't really talk to Siri during a lecture (unless you mean using Siri to transcribe an entire lecture!).

7. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

THat and I am still registering a fairly high error rate with Siri (~50%). Maybe it is just my Singaporean accent. :(

8. BaBaBoooooooey macrumors regular

BaBaBoooooooey

I agree. I have a stylus and it is pretty good for taking notes. The only problem is that i am left handed (like most Creative Smart people) and the ipad goes crazy when i rest my left hand on the screen to write naturally.
    I dont know what a solution would be. But they have suprised me in the past!

9. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

"One More Thing" is a relic from the past.

It's best to get into acceptance & let it go.

The thrill is gone :)

10. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Bamboo Paper is a good choice for freehand note taking.

11. saberahul macrumors 68040

Penultimate has a left hand setting.

12. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

Woz comes on stage and announces an Apple II emulator for iPad?