A Password Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macdude2010, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Ok, so heres whats going on...

This morning my 10 year old brother decided to take my iPhone 4 before I got up and use it for a game he has been playing. Now, i am guessing he figured out my password because he was able to log in and when I tried to use my iPhone later, the password had changed and he is the only one i know that tries to use it. I have been locked out of the phone repeatedly (Wait X minutes) but for the moment, i am able to input passcodes. Now, I just backed it up using iTunes, but the last time before that was back over the summer. I have tried to get the password from him, but he has no idea what it is. I need to get my information off of it and also crack the password and get all my information back on it.

Any suggestions??

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

How did your 10 yr old brother figure out your passcode, then know enough to go to Settings> General> Passcode Lock and then change it to his own passcode, then not remember what he typed?

Before the new Passcode is set, you are asked to type your new Passcode twice to prevent mistakes like this.

3. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

I really have no idea, but he does know exactly how to use the passcode setting (once he finds out my passcode, he takes it off), he's a bright kid, but he uses his knowledge of these things for the wrong purpose (parents PC was wrecked), i just need to figure out how to remove the passcode.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Sorry, your passcode isn't strong enough.

But I partially know how you feel. My five year old changed the language on an iPad to something I didn't recognize. It took me awhile to get it back to English.

My only suggestion if that punishing little bro' does't help him remember the password then you have to brute force it or start googling forensic software.

5. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

well, i could use the advanced passcode, but i did have a strong passcode on it, he ends up finding out the passcode by looking at it when i don't know he's there.

Im guessing your suggestion means there is no way to crack the passcode (but i might take the advice :D)

6. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

There is no way to take a password off unless you know the password.

You are going to have to put your phone into DFU and restore if you can't figure it out, or can't bribe it out of your brother. If he even remembers it.

Sorry buddy.