A Perfect PDF Reader?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by ShakinBake, Dec 13, 2013.

1. ShakinBake macrumors member

I'm a medical student with an iPad Mini Retina on the way. I have about 30 hefty medical E-Books that I want to be able to read and do some simple annotation with. Here are the features I'm most interested in.

1. Functional reader that is able to switch quickly between these large files with minimal lag and load time.

2. Once I'm in the PDF the ability to quickly and efficiently zoom (similar to in iBooks perhaps since i'm on a mini), scroll and search for text along with some basic annotation tools (highlighting). All with minimal lag or stutter would be GREAT.

3. Easy and simple organization of files with folders.

4. DropBox support would be awesome.

5. As a bonus maybe even support CHM files if such an App exists.

I haven't tried any PDF apps yet, since my iPad isn't here, but these are the basic things I'd like to be able to do. Other features would b great, though i'm not sure what more I could ask for. So if anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome.

Also for those that have tried apps like GoodReader or PDF expert would those suffice? I want a reader and organizer first and an annotater second.:apple:

2. jojoba macrumors 68000

Have a look at GoodReader, iAnnotate and PDF Expert. They should all meet your needs.

I've written about iAnnotate here and GoodReader here.

3. ShakinBake thread starter macrumors member

Awesome articles. After reading both I think I'm leaning towards GoodReader, thanks for the advice.

4. lexvo macrumors 65816

I find the last version of Goodreader a bit buggy (gray screens, mixed up annotations). I know they are working on a new version, but it's taking long. So I switched to PDF Expert 5.