A personal rant (please, join me!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Michael CM1, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Ironically, nothing personal against anybody. It's just Monday and, you know, sometimes you've gotta rant.

Anybody else sick of the iPhone 3G already? I started posting here months ago so I could learn about the thing back in January. I knew it was coming, I planned waiting for it because I didn't want to drop $400 on something I didn't truly want (well, that lacked enough features at the $400 price point).

There was a whole lotta speculation up until June, when rumors galore came in like bombs on D-Day. At least we finally got actual facts. But naturally they came with a month's waiting time before all of the facts were known, which leads us to now.

Blah blah, OK. Who else just couldn't care less anymore? I know, I don't have to lurk here, but sometimes you find fun threads. Maybe this is one of them! But I swear the same 5 questions have been asked 10,000 times since probably January:

1) How much does it cost for me/can I get it for $x price?
    2) How much is the rate plan?
    3) When will it be released?
    4) What extra features will it have?
    5) Can it be used to defeat Lord Voldemort?

I still like the threads where we do a bunch of BSing about ideas for the future, what you can accomplish with the software, etc. But I do think a lot of noobs who can't read 5 threads down (or use common sense) tend to make one's head want to split at times.

Yeah, yeah. I still want an iPhone 3G. I just gotta wait (once again!) until it gets to being worth the upgrade from the first-gen phone. My rant's done, let the flaming and ranting begin!!!!

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

This doesn't help matters.

It makes it worse.

3. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

Not really sick of the 3G aspect, but we sure could use a "Service Provider" subforum.

There are almost no threads about the phone itself, or the 2.0 firmware.

4. pcguru83 macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

6.) Are you guys tired of all the iPhone threads!!!one!11!

;)

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

So take a break!

I think we've learned all we can, until Friday.

6. alejovh1 macrumors regular

If you are tired of the iphone 3G, go buy a windows mobile phone:D

7. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

Don't forget the
    6) Does the white one make me look too fat?

8. gibbz macrumors 68030

I think we are all likely at wits ends. I am going to have to check myself into MR rehab. I have spent a ton of time on these forums about the iPhone and I am starting to hit rock bottom. I can't wait until July 11th so I can stop the binging.

9. GageGecko macrumors member

GageGecko

eh... it's not really any different than forums that talk about the next big game that's due out or the next release of OS X. It will all die down to nothing at 8am on Friday.

But don't dismay, we'll have all the "Just picked up my 3G" and "Ha, I got mine already" posts. Those will be really fun to skip over.

10. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Well unless they are willing to grab a fan, wear a bikini, and photograph their unboxing...

The look at my new iPhone 3G phone threads just aren't worth the bandwidth.

---

If you are a pale fat hairy guy that make Ron Jeremy look healthy, please don't do the above in your Speed-o ... please don't.