A pic of iPhones serial number got thread deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogitall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2014
I posted stating that I noticed my iphone 4 had a rare serial number with a certain four letter curse word spelled out I'm the center of the number. I also posted a picture of the "serial number". The whole thread was deleted. Wow! And I was wondering if people would care about a silly serial number... I may really have something here. I had to block out part part of the number, what's covered is a "c"

Last edited by a moderator:

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
A pic of iPhones serial number got thread deleted

Although you didn't make the serial number you were still breaking forum rules by posting that.

While most of us really don't care this still is a site that anyone including children can visit.

Hogitall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2014
Although you didn't make the serial number you were still breaking forum rules by posting that.

While most of us really don't care this still is a site that anyone including children can visit.
So what if my daughter went through my phone? Hmmmmm.... Or this could be my daughters phone! I'm really surprised Apple let this slide!

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
So what if my daughter went through my phone? Hmmmmm.... Or this could be my daughters phone! I'm really surprised Apple let this slide!
yeah, I bet she hasn't heard FU before :rolleyes:

Let me talk to all the cool kids and see if they have gone inside settings then about to see their serial numbers to find hidden words/msjs. Mine says
43J0BSAL1V3 ... (not really)

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

Then you'd be a terrible father and should rot in jail! Obviously I'm kidding :D

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I posted stating that I noticed my iphone 4 had a rare serial number with a certain four letter curse word spelled out I'm the center of the number. I also posted a picture of the "serial number". The whole thread was deleted. Wow! And I was wondering if people would care about a silly serial number... I may really have something here. I had to block out part part of the number, what's covered is a "c"
Posting disallowed obscene words, even when they elude the profanity filter by being in a graphic, is still, to my understanding, subject to deletion.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
[MOD NOTE]
as per our rules, public discussion of moderation is not permitted. Please use the contact us link if you have any questions and an admin will respond.

Since this thread is only discussing the moderation, I'm locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.