A piece of my iBook just came off

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by GanChan, Nov 10, 2010.

  1. GanChan macrumors 6502a

    Jun 21, 2005
    I was adding RAM to my G4 iBook, and as I was putting the keyboard back into place that tiny round clear-plastic thing in the center keyboard tab fell out. What is that thing, anyway? Is it worth glueing it back in? It just looks like a pointless speck of clear plastic :confused:
  2. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

    Feb 10, 2009
    If you mean the piece of clear plastic between F5 and F6, it has two functions: (a) the keyboard lock (prevents the keyboard being opened by the two tabs between esc and F1 and F11 and F12), and (b) the cover for the num lock indicator LED.
  3. GanChan thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Jun 21, 2005
    Thanks. It doesn't matter now, I guess, because when I tried to reinsert it the plastic piece went flying and is now lost somewhere in the unfathomable depths of my carpet. So unless I want to buy a whole new keyboard (which I don't), I guess I'll just have to struggle on without it....

Share This Page