A pile of laptops

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by theholydonkey, Oct 23, 2008.

1. theholydonkey macrumors newbie

Bottom of the pile is my 15" aluminium PowerBook (6 years old?), next we have Hamish the MacBook Pro (almost 1 year old), then my G4 14" iBook (how chunky is that???) then my 12" G4 PowerBook (3 years old and a bit beat up but I still love it so much) – then the rather sexy and svelt new Aluminium MacBook which looks like it's half the height of the 12"er!!!

When I was doing some travelling by train over the weekend, there were loads of people working on thier chunky and clunky PC laptops and my new MacBook looked like it had just beamed down from a Star Trek movie!

Attached Files:

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I guess you aren't one for eBaying your old stuff then...

3. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

4. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

5. theholydonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

eBay's too much hassle... I travel a lot so the 12" was my main laptop until quite recently. The MacBook Pro is too large and heavy for travelling with (although great for working from home) which is why I opted for the new MacBook. Lack of firewire almost put me off though... I figure that instead of using target disc mode if the MacBook has any serious problems, I can whip the drive out and stick it in an SATA external drive casing and mount it as an external HD to do any repairs I need on it. All I have to do now is purchase a USB back-up drive.