A POSITIVE post about the New MBP 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DanMacApple, Jul 4, 2010.

1. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

Hi, I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro 13" Notebook and want to post about a good experience, since there are so many posts with problems and maybe to help someone else decide to try a Mac!

I purchased the MBP at Best Buy with a Price Match for the $999 deal Microcenter currently has going. I did this since I will get $20 in Best Buy Rewards. Keep in mind that Best Buy will only price match if there is a Microcenter in the same area as I tried this in my city were there is no Microcenter and the Store Manager would not honor the price match as he claimed they are losing money at that price which is hard to believe when Best Buy is a much larger company then Microcenter.

Anyways anyone who is still not certain if they want to purchase this computer, I say go ahead you will be very happy. This is my first MBP and I have no complaints. The Core 2 Duo is still very fast, I enjoy the portability and the screen is fine for my needs. There can be a little glare at times with the glossy screen but I just adjust it and it is gone. I also seem to get a good battery charge, but right now I have mostly used it for Web browsing. The MBP is very nicely built and probably the best notebook I have owned.

I am thinking about purchasing AppZapper 2 for an uninstaller. Does anyone have any other advice on this program or weather or not it is even needed?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions and I hope this helps someone else in their decision to purchase a Mac!! Dan

2. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

AppZapper 2 is a good choice. It goes the extra mile and frees up caches, preference files, etc. along with the app itself.

The new 13" MBP is a very solid choice. I've been rocking the Core 2 Duo in my 15" MBP for a year now, and I'm in love with it.

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

No need to purchase AppZapper 2, just download the freeware Appcleaner. Congrats, btw. Enjoy your brand new laptop. :)

4. atrac7 macrumors regular

x2. Appcleaner does the job fine and is free as stated. For added cache clearing and other optimization, spring for Onyx as well.

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Use both programs mentioned. Great programs, does it's job within seconds...so :]

6. DanMacApple thread starter macrumors 6502

I appreciate all the suggestions, does anyone else have a recommendation on an uninstaller program? Thanks in advance!

7. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

so how'd you get BB to pm the Microcenter if you don't have one in the area? I don't have one near me either =( but my bro lives in KC area where there is one, thought about having him ship me it lol.. but not sure if I'd save too much over the best buy pm the student discount to 1099+ tax..

8. blackrhino macrumors newbie

I too have to agree with OP. I purchased the new MBP 13" and love it to bits. It works perfectly for what I want to do. I have just gotten into a bit of design work using photoshop and dreamweaver and it seems to do the job - not blistering fast in some areas but alright for home use. Once I get mroe serious I will upgrade to an iMac once my business gets off the ground though.

9. DanMacApple thread starter macrumors 6502

I happened to be visiting St Louis for a few days and just went to a Best Buy there since there is a microcenter in the area, otherwise I don't believe Best Buy price matches other cities.

10. 7thMac macrumors 6502

I think you are responding to a situation that doesn't exist. The overwhelming majority of posts on the MPB 13 have been very positive.

11. DanMacApple thread starter macrumors 6502

True, but there have been good and bad posts about the MBP 13, maybe more good then bad, but it was a tough decision for me and I thought telling my story may help others decide. Thanks for your input.

12. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

I highly recommended "CleanMyMac"

13. TZRaceR6 Guest

TZRaceR6

I highly recommend MacKeeper and AppCleaner. Both free. :D

14. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Congratulations on the MBP 13" purchase. Great looking machine ... I'm still going to wait a bit longer no need to upgrade as I've got the same P8600 2.4Ghz in my Al_uMB 2008 model; though with 9400m.

I just hope under serious work that heat is less than what I'm experiencing on my machine.

Great purchase.

15. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

I'd of loved to of gone for the 13" MBP; but unfortunately I can't stand the 1280x800 screen (not to mention the glossy display). Great little machines though.