iPhone X A positive thing about the Xs

rjp1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
The face id seems to have improved a lot. On the X it needed a straight on, unobstructed view of your face to identify it. I’ve noticed with the Xs that even with part of my face obscured by a pillow while in bed that it still unlocks.

I figured I should acknowledge where it has improved since there are plenty of threads about the problems it has. I’m returning mine Monday, because of the poor reception.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
The face id seems to have improved a lot. On the X it needed a straight on, unobstructed view of your face to identify it. I’ve noticed with the Xs that even with part of my face obscured by a pillow while in bed that it still unlocks.

I figured I should acknowledge where it has improved since there are plenty of threads about the problems it has. I’m returning mine Monday, because of the poor reception.
I’m able to do the same thing on my X. With the iOS 12 update, my Face ID is faster and more accurate now.

Reactions: rjp1

EugW

macrumors G3
Jun 18, 2017
Now we just need landscape Face ID in the iPhones (not just iPad Pros).

rjp1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
I’m able to do the same thing on my X. With the iOS 12 update, my Face ID is faster and more accurate now.
That is awesome since I’m going back to the X. I thought it was hardware not software that made it better.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

macrumors Demi-God
Oct 2, 2016
Placebo? Mine works exactly the same as the X in terms of speed and face identification. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: StaceyMJ86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.