A positive upgrade / eligibility date story for once :)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fibrizo, Oct 8, 2011.

1. fibrizo macrumors 6502

fibrizo

So I was speaking to my boss yesterday afternoon, and he ended up talking about how Steve Jobs died and how it was a big loss. So I suggested that he get an iPhone 4S as one of the last ones he personally worked on. (He's been with sprint for about 16 years) So he tells me, that his wife has been bugging him for an iPhone. So we go to apple's website and are unable to complete the order because his account type was not supported. No loss, we went to sprint's site, and he wanted to check eligibility because maybe that was causing the issue. So he pulled up his wife's eligibility date for a full upgrade... and it said.. 5/12/2006... I was dumbfounded. He said yeah he thought she was eligible now... and I asked, what kind of phone does she use? And he says, "a razor" but she wants an iphone because the battery only lasts 3 hours a charge now. It amused me to no end... some people are happy with 7 years on the same phone. And regardless of what people think about iPhone 4 vs 4S... it will be a major upgrade lol.

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I agree. I've seen some people using the 2G iPhones with no complaints. For some as long as the phone calls and texts that's all that matters to them regardless of what type of phone it is.

3. aneftp macrumors 68040

4-5 years for a dumb phone is not unheard of. Especially if you have replace the battery.

A smartphone these days will be on it's last legs in about 24 months especially if people keep trying to update to the latest OS. Read iPhone 3G trying to run ios4 compared.

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

LOL I will get she will be happy with her iPhone!

5. youssefm macrumors 6502

My mom still uses an unlocked Razr on AT&T because it's simple to use and fits her needs. And I kind of used all her upgrades... lol. BUT we are upgrading her to an iPhone as well so all is good

6. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I still have my Razr but haven't plugged it in since the original iPhone came out.